Virtual Family Circle Time
Videos of song circles to help your children have fun, connect, and work on early transitional life skills.
- Family Circle Time with Wayne and Isabel
- Family Circle Time with Wayne and Sue
- Family Circle Time with Wayne and Michelle
- Family Circle Time with Wayne and Mary
- Family Circle Time with Wayne and Silvia
Resources and videos to support participation, early life skills, and successful transitions in pre-school and school-aged children. Find information and connect with other families.
Examples of Holland Bloorview’s non-medical programs and activities for pre-schoolers, school-aged children and their families with a focus on real-life participation.
- Adapted Sports and Recreation Programs
- Aquatic Swim Programs
- Autism Programs
- Children’s Advisory Council
- Communication and Writing Aids
- Community Snoezelen Room and Pool
- Early Learning and Development
- Family Workshops and Resources
- Friendship & Belonging
- Integrated Education and Therapy
- Life Skills Development
- Music and the Arts
- Ronald McDonald Playroom
- Spiral Garden
Examples of community resources for families with pre-school and school-aged children that focus on real-life participation.
- Ability Online
- Access 2 Entertainment
- Boys and Girls Club of East Scarborough Program
- CHEO Autism Foundational Family Services
- City of Toronto Recreation
- EarlyOn Online Calendar & Find an EarlyOn Center Location
- Holland Bloorview’s Toronto Recreation Guide
- Macaulay: Special Programs
- Respite Services.com
- Surrey Place Community Resource Directory
- Toronto Public Library Program
- Triple P: Positive Parenting Program
This webinar focuses on transitions-based tips and resources for parents and caregivers of children with special education needs and/or disabilities transitioning into kindergarten / school. Facilitated by Holland Bloorview and the Toronto District School Board.
The Holland Bloorview YouTube video playlist 'Start Early Transitions' is focused on information, skills and resources to help prepare for life's transitions- now and for your future.
- Hear from staff and lived experience experts on how expectations, responsibilities and participation in home and community activities can build children and youth’s skills and attitudes for future work, in this virtual workshop What can I be when I grow up? Early strategies to promote employment inclusion and participation. Facilitated by Holland Bloorview and the Ontario Disability Employment Network.
- Hear from youth who reflect on their past transitions into high school and share tips, tricks and perspectives about their experiences. A 2021 Youth@Work video project titled The Youth Perspective: Tips and tricks for the transition into high school and a 2023 Youth@Work video project titled The Youth Perspective 2023: Experiences and tips about the transition into high school