The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) award is an international recognition program that honours and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day. Throughout the year, a Holland Bloorview nurse — nominated by their colleagues, students, volunteers and/or by clients and families—is selected to receive the DAISY award.
A DAISY Award recipient is a nurse who clearly understands our vision of the most meaningful and healthy future for all children, youth and families. Their clinical skills, and their ability to deliver exceptional child and family-centred care, exemplify the kind of nurses our clients, families, and staff recognize as an outstanding role model and leader. Furthermore, they embody the Holland Bloorview values of compassion, equity, courage and resilience, excellence and innovation.
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, they deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say “thank you” to nurses in a very public way.
Question about the DAISY Award? Please contact Claire Whyte at email@example.com, 416-424-3853.
Any registered nurse, registered practical nurse or nurse practitioner working at Holland Bloorview who:
- Exemplifies the vision, mission and values of Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- Amplifies the Nursing Vision and Plan by advancing strengths-based nursing care, committing to excellence in quality nursing practice and leadership, and/or creating opportunities through teaching, learning, and research.
- Embodies a strengths-based approach to care
- Demonstrates extraordinary clinical skills and competencies in the delivery of evidence-based client care
- Establishes a collaborative partnership with clients/families, recognizing their unique experiences and needs
- Is committed to advancing health equity and practices in a manner that celebrates diversity of community
Any registered nurse, registered practical nurse or nurse practitioner working at Holland Bloorview.