Research Ethics Board Forms
See below relevant forms and guidelines for a research ethics board submission.
Note about fillable PDF Forms: The Science Review form and Departmental Approval form contain interactive elements which cannot be displayed within a web browser. Please download the PDF file and open using Acrobat Reader. The software is available for free from Adobe.
- Science review process - Consult this document to determine the appropriate review process for REB submissions and Grant applications.
- Scientific review form - This form is completed by the individuals reviewing the proposal.
- Science review checklist - This form is completed by the individuals reviewing the proposal.
- Department Approval Form - This form is to be completed for studies utilizing clinical resources for recruitment from inpatient/outpatient clinics.
Recruitment, Consent, and Assent
This Telephone Script provides a useful example of how to recruit participants over the telephone.
Important: Refer to REB Standard Operating Procedures REB-701 for a complete list of general and specific documentation requirements and REB-702 for the process to obtain and document initial and ongoing consent.
The following are templates of informed consent forms.
- Prospective Observational Informed Consent Form Template
- Interventional Informed Consent Form Template
- Biobank Informed Consent Form Template
- Genetic Research Consent Form Template Language
- Informed Consent Form Elements Checklist
The following is a template assent form. Please see the Guidance Notes section for the guidelines for assent disclosure and for the informed assent process.
Recruitment Flyer Templates to be used for Observational or Therapeutic Intervention research studies
Participate in Research - Website Information Template (Updated September 2021)
Please note that all post-approval forms (i.e. amendments, continuing reviews, protocol deviations, study closure forms, etc.) must be submitted via eREB.
Studies that were approved pre-eREB must submit a legacy study to be accessible in the eREB system.