Professionals on the cleft lip and palate and craniofacial team assess and treat children and youth from across Ontario who have conditions that affect their teeth and facial structure, including cleft lip and cleft palate.
Services are provided by speech-language pathologists who work in conjunction with each child’s dental and medical health-care team, both at Holland Bloorview and externally – including audiologists, plastic surgeons and ear-nose-throat specialists (otolaryngologists).
In addition to outpatient care, annual clinics are held in northern Ontario locations. The Holland Bloorview team acts as a resource to community professionals and works closely with the cleft lip/palate and craniofacial programs at SickKids to deliver clinical care and educational programs for clients and families.
- Dental services for cleft lip and palate
- Additional resources about facial differences
- Health A-Z from About Kids Health (SickKids)
Additional resources about facial differences/External resources:
Living with a facial difference
- Aboutface Trailblazers Camper’s experience (video)
- SickKids: Living with a facial difference
- TED Talks: Rick Guidotti: From stigma to supermodel
- Positive Exposure
Speech therapy and speech samples
- Speech Therapy for Cleft Palate or Velopharyngeal Dysfunction (VPD)
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (ACPA): Speech Samples