Our overnight respite program is experiencing a disruption in service due to increased demand for rehabilitation admissions and the associated resources.
In case of emergency respite, please contact Robyn Sanford at 416-425-6220 ext. 6406.
- Be under 19 years old
- Require care from a nurse or physician
- Have significant challenges with mobility (i.e. require wheelchair or mobility device much of the time)
- and -
- Require skilled medical treatments (i.e. multiple medication administration, tube feeds, suctioning, etc.)
- and/or -
- Be dependent on medical equipment or technology (i.e. enterostomy tube, tracheostomy, oxygen, ventilation, etc.
- and -
- provide a recent negative COVID19 test result
A daily accommodation fee is charged for overnight respite care. If financial support is needed, please contact the Family Resource Centre at email@example.com or 416-425-6220 ext 6560.
We provide clients and families with respite care supported by health care providers and therapeutic recreation staff under the supervision of registered practical nurses.
The respite stay is focused on a therapeutic recreational experience while providing the nursing and medical support that the child requires for their activities of daily living. Throughout the week, clients will participate in a number of activities including arts and crafts, gym sports and time in the therapeutic playroom (ages 0-6).
Please indicate your requested dates when you call to register for your respite stay. You will be required to make arrangements for a COVID19 test prior to admission.
If Holland Bloorview respite services do not meet the needs of your child and your family, please refer to respiteservices.com to learn about the full range of respite services offered in Ontario.