This application is used for client program volunteer opportunities and for all volunteer candidates who have been offered a position in the Bloorview Research Institute. To access the Family Leadership Program volunteer application, please visit the Getting Involved Client and Family Centred Care page. For the Holland Bloorview Foundation volunteer application, please visit the Foundation Volunteer Opportunities page.
To submit an application:
1. Download the Volunteer Reference form.
- Please provide the reference form to two professional references. Employment and/or volunteer references are preferred. Should you not have employment or volunteer references, we will consider teachers, professors, coaches, aquatic leadership instructors, community leaders, or other professional references.
- Your references should be able to answer questions about your ability to provide direct support to programs and services for children and youth with disabilities.
- Family members, friends, and/or friends of the family may not provide personal references. We may consider references from people in this group if you have been employed on a paid or volunteer basis, for example, if you have worked as a babysitter, tutor, or have had other employment with them. If you are asking a person in this category for a reference, please let them know that they:
- Should write the reference based on the work that you have done for them; and
- Should not write the reference based on how they know you personally outside of your work or volunteer role.
- If you are retired or have been outside of the work force for some time, it is acceptable to submit former professionally-related references or references from part-time work or volunteering that you have recently participated in, such as at-home child care for your neighbours or volunteering in community centre activities.
- Your references should return the completed forms to you. An electronic copy of the completed forms will need to be included in your application. Please ensure that if you receive any paper copies from your references, that they are converted to an electronic copy to attach with your application.
Once you have received your reference forms, you are ready for step two!
2. Please go to the application link: Application Form - Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital (web browser) OR Mobile Application Form - Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital (phone or tablet)
- If you have never used Better Impact before: Please follow the directions under "I am new to MyImpactPage.com".
- If you are a returning volunteer, who has been absent for more than three years OR if you are a volunteer with another organization that uses Better Impact, please follow the directions under "I already have a username".
3. Please complete the application form. Once you have reached the end of the form, you will see a button labelled "Submit Application".
4. You will receive an email acknowledgement that your complete application has been received.
Additional information about our application process:
If your application is selected for an interview, you will be contacted by Volunteer Resources. We will send you an email invitation link to book your interview time, so please continue to monitor your email regularly.
Our preferred method of communication is via email. If you do not subscribe to email, we will contact you by telephone.
In the event that a suitable volunteer position is not available at the time your application is received, your application will be retained for a period of one (1) year and will be reviewed periodically as volunteer positions become available.
Should you require assistance to complete the application, or have questions about this application process, please contact us at (416) 422-7033, or email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Holland Bloorview.