What We Do
Since inception, Evidence to Care (EtC) has accelerated Holland Bloorview’s rise as the go-to hub for best practices in childhood disability, strengthening capacity for everyone to identify and integrate new and existing knowledge into all kinds of their work.
Supporting the full continuum of knowledge translation (KT) practice, EtC is best recognized for visually appealing, evidence-informed, educational resources for clinicians, clients and families.
This unique initiative is the foundation for:
- delivering bottom-line recommendations based on research evidence to guide decision-making of Hospital leaders, clinical staff, clients and families.
- advancing systematic reviews, clinical practice guidelines and evidence-informed best practices in childhood disability to influence Hospital policy and clinical care.
- bringing together knowledge translation experts, health sciences librarians, researchers, health care professionals, decision-makers, families and clients to tackle pressing knowledge needs.
EtC maintains a diverse portfolio of projects that focus on:
- Implementing Best Practices in Care Delivery
- For example, EtC created a Bowel Management Standard of Care in partnership with the Spinal Cord Injury Team and implemented it with inpatient Nurses.
- KT Products for Clinicians, Clients and Families
- For example, EtC developed a guidebook for having body positive conversations with children in partnership with clinicians, clients and families.
- KT Capacity Building
- EtC delivers an in-house developed KT course called the Knowledge Translation Facilitators Network for hospital staff, Family Leaders and select students.
- Priming for Evaluative Thinking
- For example, EtC held After Action Reviews with groups across the hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic to support critical reflection and future decision-making.
Partner with Us
EtC works with internal and external researchers and healthcare providers to create Knowledge Translation processes and products that benefit children and youth with disabilities at Holland Bloorview and beyond. For example, EtC worked with the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation to create a guide to help clinicians use a concussion clinical practice guideline in practice and a booklet for clients and families to support healing after a concussion. Additionally, EtC and Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare in Minnesota received a joint grant to tailor and implement the Chronic Pain Assessment Toolbox for Children with Cerebral Palsy at their hospital. View our joint video to learn more!
If you have an idea for a KT project or product, contact us to start a conversation about partnership opportunities.
Evidence to Care at email@example.com