The drive for inclusion in organizations, both public and private, is helping to open doors to employment for youth with disabilities. In this section, we’ll look at videos and resources that help to dispel some of the myths that have traditionally surrounded hiring people with disabilities–myths about safety, reliability, and accommodation requirements. We’ll also look at resources you can use as you expand your workforce to include youth with disabilities. Many of the organizations profiled in the About section have produced valuable toolkits. Find links to those toolkits below.
Resources below range from self-assessment tools through full toolkits for employers interested in hiring youth with disabilities.
- Canadian Association for Supported Employment (CASE): HR Inclusive Policy Policy Toolkit
- CASE: Self-Assessment Tool
- CASE: Employers
- Discover Ability Network (DAN): Toolkits
- Conference Board of Canada: Employers’ Toolkit
- Hire for Talent: Business Case
- Hire for Talent: Toolkit
- ODEN's Business Resources, including Toolkits