Join us for “Parent Talk: Autism Spectrum Disorder” workshops on the first Thursday of each month.
- Meet other parents who have children with ASD
- Parents supporting parents
- Share your experiences
- Learn how other families support their children
- Learn information from a guest speaker on common ASD concerns
- Find out about useful resources and supports
- Connect with a parent mentor (1 on 1 appointments can be arranged)
Thursday, May 1, 2014:
Bullying and ASD: Prevention and Intervention Strategies for Parents.
Catherine Cappadocia, M.A., Ph.D. Candidate, York University.
Thursday, June 5, 2014:
Feeding Challenges and ASD: Setting the Table for Success!
Moira Pena, B.Sc.OT.(Reg.)Ont. Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital.
Thursday, July 3, 2014:
Fostering Early Social Communication and Play (0-5 years)
Dr. Shelley Mitchell, PhD. SLP(C) Reg. CASLPO
Family Resource Centre
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
150 Kilgour Road, Toronto ON
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
RSVP at least one week before the meeting
Call or email Salina Eldon 416-925-5141, ext. 2270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrange for supervised playtime for your child in the Ronald McDonald Playroom. Space is limited. Please book a spot in the playroom at leasttwo weeks before the meeting. Call Daniel Scott at 416-425-6220 ext. 3438.