Parent Support Network - Mental Health Supports for Parent/Caregivers
Parent Support Network (PSN) aims to create a space where families can share experiences, information, challenges, successes and strategies. The discussion topic for this month is 'Mental Health Supports for Parent/Caregivers' with special guests Rebecca Weintraub from Yorktown's What's Up Walk-program, Bonnie Heath from Woodgreen's Parent Outreach Program and Shawna Perkins from Holland Bloorview's Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) program. We will also discuss other supports available for parent/caregivers within Holland Bloorview and in the community.
Please join us to learn about:
• How you may be able to access short-term counselling and service navigation support
• How to connect with peer mentorship & support programs within Holland Bloorview and in the community
• Additional community resources that support caregiver mental health including cultural and language-specific supports
• Hear about a Family Leader's experience and meet other parents, share your ideas and experiences!
Parent Support Network is always co-facilitated with a Family Leader. This session will be co-facilitated by Family Leader Gunjan Seth and Family Support Specialist Steph Moynagh.
Learn more about:
- Yorktown's What's Up Walk-In program: https://www.yorktownfamilyservices.com/programs/whats-up-walk-in/
- Woodgreen's Parent Outreach Program: https://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/Portals/drewry/docs/Woodgreen%20Community%…
- Holland Bloorview's Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT): https://hollandbloorview.ca/stories-news-events/events/acceptance-and-c…
This event will take place over Zoom. Live automated captions will be provided. If you have any questions, if you require language interpretation or any other accommodations, please reply to this email or contact Stephanie Moynagh at 416-425-6220 ext. 6146 prior to the event.
Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing and want to reach us by phone? Try Relay Service: www.bell.ca/Accessibility_services/Bell_Relay_service. Or if you have a TTY or VCO phone, dial 711 and give the number provided.