What is ACT?
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a mindfulness and value-based intervention that helps you struggle less with difficult things in your life and helps you to connect with the things that are most important to you.
About the ACT Workshops at Holland Bloorview
Parent/Caregivers, it’s time for you! Facilitated via Zoom by a caregiver of a child who has complex medical needs and two Holland Bloorview staff (a Social Worker and a Psychotherapist)
ACT Workshop Series
- For caregivers of children with disabilities and complex health conditions who are Holland Bloorview clients
- Six sessions of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in a group format delivered virtually (over zoom)
- The workshops are co-facilitated by Holland Bloorview clinicians and caregivers who are trained and mentored by professionals at CAMH
- Participants have the chance to participate in an optional research study if they choose to
- There is no cost to the caregiver for participating in the workshops.
For caregivers of children with disabilities and complex health conditions who are Holland Bloorview clients
Six sessions Thursdays from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- November 10, 2022
- November 17, 2022
- November 24, 2022
- December 1, 2022
- December 8, 2022
- January 12, 2023
*Note that you need to attend all 6 sessions to complete the workshop series
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
150 Kilgour Road, Toronto Ontario Canada M4G 1R8
Note: These sessions are virtual and held over Zoom.