What is the Sibkit?
The SibKit is a booklet filled with just-right, interactive tools and tips for brothers and sisters of kids who have pediatric acquired brain injuries (ABI).
Why is the SibKit helpful to me?
A lot of changes happen when your sibling has an ABI. These tools and tips can support you to:
- Understand your sibling’s ABI
- Feel more included in your sibling’s rehabilitation
- Work through feelings you might experience
Who made the SibKit?
The SibKit was made by people who have expert knowledge about ABI:
- Health professionals who work on the Brain Injury Rehab Team (BIRT) at Holland Bloorview
- Siblings of kids with ABI
- Parents of kids with ABI
- Clients who have ABI
The SibKit was generously supported by the Centre for Leadership. Thanks to donors of the Holland Bloorview Foundation for funding the project and to Thomson Rogers for providing the financial support to make this guide available to the brothers and sisters of children who have pediatric Acquired Brain Injuries.
Tell us what you think about the SibKit by completing this survey.