The Bloorview Research Institute has a team dedicated to increasing the impact of scientific research, innovations and technologies, to make the most meaningful and healthy futures for all children, youth and families. Our team works closely with researchers, clinicians, industry partners, entrepreneurs and funding agencies to facilitate the advancement of transformative innovations for sustainable impact.
Browse through our full innovations list here.
The purpose of this policy is to enable the transfer of technologies, Inventions and Intellectual Property developed at the Hospital to practical use for the benefit of children with rehabilitation and complex cares needs and their families, both within the Hospital community and around the world.
This policy describes:
- The ownership of Inventions
- The duty of Hospital staff to disclose Inventions
- The options for commercialization of Inventions
- The options for Inventors if the Hospital elects not to commercialize Inventions
- The distribution of income from commercialization of Inventions.