HB Alumni Network butterflies are social. They are active members in the network’s online platform, and each bring with them a lived experience with childhood disability. They are alumni clients, parents and caregivers, and siblings who volunteer to participate regularly in the community, interact with members and spread the word about the HB Alumni Network. They are trusted members of the network.
Butterflies are knowledgeable, compassionate, helpful, and understanding. They ensure the community is a safe, welcoming and inclusive place for people to talk about their lived experiences, ask questions, find support and share information. The HB Alumni Network butterflies are;
- Clients, caregivers, family members, or siblings
- Active and regular members of the HB Alumni Network for at least 2 months
- Passionate about the topics they participate in
- Knowledgeable, empathetic and compassionate
- Have lived experiences to contribute to discussions and seed conversations
- Available and responsive to posts and questions from other alumni
What do HB Alumni Network Butterflies do?
- Welcome new members to the online network
- Start conversations and keep them going
- Spread the word about the HB Alumni Network
- Work with HB Alumni Network moderators to build and enhance community