This event will provide a space for families to hear about available pathways to employment for youth/young adults with disabilities. The event will provide parents and caregivers with information on how to aid their youth/young adult in finding a summer job opportunity. All parents and caregivers are welcome. Light refreshments will be provided.
Registration closes Tues. March 3rd
This family workshop will provide valuable knowledge about RDSP, Will and Estate planning for children and youth with disabilities.
This workshop will be facilitated by Pooran Law.
Registration closes Fri. February 28th
At this workshop, you will work with Holland Bloorview staff and Family Leaders to create an infographic, using pictures and key messages to share important information. This can include information about your child’s strengths and areas of need, likes and dislikes, and other important information that will help teachers, care providers, family members and others know how best to care for your child. If you do not have access to a laptop to bring to the event please email Jean Hammond, Family Partnerships Specialist at email@example.com
This workshop will be facilitated by the Evidence to Care Team, Client and Family Integrated Care Team and Family Leaders
Registration closes Fri. February 14th
This event will provide a space for parents and caregivers to hear current updates about what is happening in autism research from an internationally renowned expert. There will be opportunities for discussion at this event. All parents and caregivers are welcome. Light refreshments will be provided.
Registration closes Tues. February 4th
This workshop will provide family caregivers with information on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and help them determine if this is right for them. CBT is a therapy proven to make positive changes by teaching practical skills and strategies to help manage mental health. CBT is centered around thoughts, emotions and behaviors and participants work to develop coping tools and enhance resiliency.
This workshop will be facilitated by clinicians from the Centre for Addiction for Mental Health (CAMH).
Registration closes Thurs. January 30th
The Parent Support Network Events have been created by families to provide parents and caregivers with the opportunity to engage in open discussion. Childhood disability experts are often guest speakers at these events. All caregivers are welcome!
This event's guest speaker is Dr. Jessica Brian, Psychologist & Clinical Investigator, Autism Research Centre, Bloorview Research Institute
Supervised on-site childcare is available for a limited number of children who are 30 months old & over in our Ronald McDonald Playroom. Playroom registration for this event is open between November 19 and December 3, 2019.
- Spaces are confirmed only after an intake call is completed over the phone
- Please call 416-425-6220 ext. 3438 to discuss your child’s needs & register for a Playroom spot
- Children under 30 months old cannot be accommodated in our Playroom or at events
Please register using the following link: www.psntoddlercommunications.eventbrite.ca
This workshop will provide families with information on how to effectively advocate for a child with a disability in the school system using the human rights and special education processes.
Our presenters are Hannah Lee, Holland Bloorview's Pro Bono Lawyer; Lee Ann Chapman, Pro Bono Lawyer and Alison Morse, Senior Manager at Easter Seals Ontario.
• Supervised on-site childcare is available for a limited number of children who are 30 months old & over in our Ronald McDonald Playroom.
• Spaces are confirmed only after an intake call is completed over the phone
• Please call 416-425-6220 ext. 3438 to discuss your child’s needs & register for a Playroom spot
• Children under 30 months old cannot be accommodated in our Playroom or at events
• To enroll your child in our Sibling Program that runs at the same time as our workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register using the following link: https://hbeducationworkshop.eventbrite.ca
Topic: Sibling Support
Guest speaker: Victoria Rombos, Sibling Support Program Administrator
Date and time: Thursday, November 7, 2019
Location: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Conference Centre
Please register using the following link: www.psnsiblingsupport.eventbrite.ca
Last day to register for this workshop: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
What will be discussed:
- The importance of supporting siblings in the family
- Holland Bloorview’s Sibling Support Program
- Other resources for siblings at Holland Bloorview and in the community