PEARL Lab - Our publications
Below are some of our publications from the PEARL Lab:
- Biddiss E, Knibbe TJ*, Fehlings D, McKeever P, McPherson A. Positive distraction in paediatric healthcare waiting spaces: Sharing play not germs through inclusive, hands-free interactive media. Dev Neurorehabil 2019;22(7):445-452. Epub 2018 Sept 20.
- Macintosh A*, Lam E*, Vigneron V, Vignais N, Biddiss E. Biofeedback interventions for individuals with cerebral palsy: a systematic review. Disabil Rehabil 2019;41(20):2369-2391. Epub 2018 May 12.
- Biddiss E, Chan-Viquez D*, Cheung ST*, King G. Engaging children with cerebral palsy in interactive computer play-based motor therapies: theoretical perspectives. Disabil Rehabil 2019;1. doi: 10.1080/09638288.2019.1613681. [Epub ahead of print].
- Hernandez HA*, Khan A*, Fay L, Roy JS, Biddiss E. Force resistance training in hand grasp and arm therapy: Feasibility of a low-cost videogame controller. Games Health J 2018;7(4):277-287.
- McPherson AC, McAdam L, Keenan S, Schwellnus H, Biddiss E, DeFinney A, English K. (2018). A feasibility study using solution-focused coaching for health promotion in children and young people with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Dev Neurorehabil 2018;21(2):121-130. Epub 2017 Mar 8.
- Biddiss E, Knibbe TJ*, Fehlings D, McKeever P, Cohen A, McPherson A. Interactive media as a tool for reducing waiting anxiety at paediatric rehabilitation hospitals: a randomized controlled trial. DMCN 2018;60(6):602-610. Epub 2017 Dec 15.
- Knibbe TJ*, McPherson A (co-senior author), Gladstone B, Biddiss E (co-senior author). “It’s all about incentive”: Social technology as a potential facilitator for self-determined physical activity participation for young people with physical disabilities. Dev Neurorehabil 2018;21(8):521-530. Epub 2017 Sept 29.
- MacIntosh A*, Vignais N, Biddiss E. Biofeedback interventions for people with cerebral palsy: a systematic review protocol. Syst Rev 2017;6(1):3.
- Knibbe TJ*, Biddiss E (co-senior author), Gladstone B, Mcpherson AC (co-senior author). Characterizing socially supportive environments relating to physical activity participation for young people with physical disabilities. Dev Neurorehabil 2017;20(5):294-300. Epub 2016 Aug 11.
- Cheung S*, Han E*, Kushki A, Anagnostou E, Biddiss E. Biomusic: An auditory interface for detecting physiological indicators of anxiety in children. Front Neurosci 2016;10:401.
- Khan A* and Biddiss E. Musical stairs: the impact of audio feedback during stair-climbing physical therapies for children. Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol 2015;10(3):231-5. Epub 2014 Feb 5.
- Ni LT*, Fehlings D, Biddiss E. Design and evaluation of virtual reality therapy games with dual focus on therapeutic relevance and user experience for children with cerebral palsy. Games Health J. 2014;3(3):162-171.
- Blain-Moraes S, Chesser S, Kingsnorth S, McKeever P and Biddiss E. Biomusic: a novel technology for revealing the personhood of people with profound multiple disabilities. Augment Altern Commun 2013;29(2):159-73. Epub 2013 Mar 14.
- Biddiss E, McPherson A, Shea G and McKeever P. The design and testing of interactive hospital spaces to meet the needs of waiting children. HERD 2013;6(3):49-68.
- Howcroft J*, Klejman S, Fehlings D, Wright V, Zabjek K, Andrysek J, Biddiss E. Active video game play in children with cerebral palsy: potential for physical activity promotion and rehabilitation therapies. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012;93(8):1448-56. Epub 2012 May 7.