This interactive workshop is for caregivers (including siblings over 14 years of age) of children and youth living with various special needs.
Together we will learn:
- About the concept of Resilience, and share tips on how to grow this in ourselves and in our kids
- Mindfulness and Compassion practices that will enable us to be more present, and more kind and caring to ourselves and others
- How yoga can help us to relax and recharge our mind, body and spirit, release stress and gain a greater sense of balance throughout our day
- How food can boost our energy and how to mitigate the effects of stress on our eating habits
6:00 - 6:15 p.m. – Yoga – Energizing Sequence
6:15 - 7:00 p.m. – Resilience Presentation
7:00 - 7:10 p.m. – Yoga – Calming Sequence
7:10 - 7:55 p.m. – Choose either Mindfulness & Compassion or Nutrition Workshop
7:55 - 8:00 p.m. – Closing remarks
Valerie Lusted, MSW, RSW Social Worker
Lesley Halcro, EWYT-350, RYT-200, YogaWorks Toronto
Anna Marie Batelaan, BSW, MSW, RSW Social Worker
Lorry Chen, RD, Clinical Dietician/Clinical Education Liaison
Resources will be shared and light refreshments will be served. Please wear comfortable clothing so that you can participate in the yoga practice.
How to register
All attendees must register in advance online.
Please make sure to register for every family member in attendance. This will take you to the workshop registration page on MyCommunityHub.ca.
- Please create an account (if you don’t already have one) to register for the event.
- If you already have an account, please sign in to add the workshop to your cart and register.
Playroom registration for this event is open between June 1 – June 15, 2018. Supervised on-site childcare is available for a limited number of children who are 30 months old & over in our Ronald McDonald Playroom.
Spaces are confirmed only after an intake call is completed over the phone.
- Call Daniel Scott at 416-425-6220 ext. 3438 to discuss your child’s needs and register for a Playroom spot.
- Children under 30 months old cannot be accommodated in our Playroom or at events
Special Note: if you would like to enroll your sibling child in our NEW Sibling Program that runs at the same time as our workshops, please email Beverley from Young Carers at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
If you require special accommodations or have questions, please contact Jean Hammond at email@example.com or 416-425-6220 ext. 3319.
Download the flyer.